Trying to be productive when you’re not feeling motivated can be challenging, but certainly not impossible. I want to share 7 tips that usually help me to be productive and get my day started on days I don’t feel motivated to do anything, and I hope these tips will be helpful to you too.
1. Get enough sleep: Good sleep is the most critical aspect of your productivity because you will wake up feeling recharged, revived, and ready to conquer the day.
2. Take a day or two to recharge: If you’re just fatigued, then taking a day or two to rest, relax, recoup and recharge with a movie and glass of wine should boost your motivation and productivity by day 2 or 3.
3. Reward yourself for getting started: Promise to do something nice for yourself for getting started and for finishing a day with productivity.
4. Put your iPhone away and focus: I know this one is hard to do but having your iPhone close when you’re not feeling motivated contributes to being unproductive. You’ll find yourself watching silly TikToks, Instagram reels, and web-stalking an ex for 7 hours before the day winds down.
5. Prioritize progress, not perfection: The secret to pushing yourself when you’re not feeling motivated is to focus on a bit of progress instead of perfection. Tell yourself that a little imperfect progress every day is better than procrastinating for perfection.
6. Get out of bed: The best way to conquer a lack of motivation is to get out of bed, shower, get dressed, and start your day even if you’re not feeling like it. It is crucial to get out of bed, shower, and start the day even if your mind is protesting it.
7. Start working on your task even if you don’t feel like it. It is said that anyone can work when they feel like it, but the secret to success is in working on days when you don’t feel like it.